In the above article, Del Siegle, an associate professor of educational psychology at the University of Connecticut, answers seven questions regarding gifted students and technology.
1. Why are so many gifted and talented students attracted to technology?
2. At what age should gifted students begin to use computers and other technology?
3. How is technology being used to enhance gifted students’ education? Can you share an example of what today’s technology enables students to do that would not have been possible 10 years ago?
4. Why is the Internet such a significant learning resource for gifted students?
5. How can parents help students use the Internet as a tool for learning, rather than simply a place to surf, browse, and chat?
6. What are telementoring programs, and how can gifted students benefit from them?
7. You’ve written about technology giftedness. How do you define this term, and how can parents help a technology gifted student develop his or her talents?
Look through the article, choose one of the seven questions and comment your thoughts on the subject.